October is the perfect time for practical work inside and outside your home for the winter.
Here are some simple actions for your windows and doors to prepare adequately for winter and thus prevent the effects of bad weather:
- Check caulking around windows, doors, and drain pipes for cracks and seal them to prevent air and water infiltration.
- Remove window screens. By storing the interior screens of the casement and awning windows you will allow the heat to warm up the glazing and thus reduce the chances of condensation forming in your windows. By storing the outer screens of other types of windows and sliding doors, you will prevent them from getting dirty with the bad winter weather. Leave the blinds and curtains opened during the night and wipe the frost off the windows in the morning. These are good habits which will help reduce condensation, which is inevitable despite the presence of an air exchanger.
- Make sure your windows and doors work well by spraying a silicone lubricant on their mechanism to prevent moisture from getting in and blocking them.
- Assess the condition of the door weather stripping. If they lack flexibility or crumble, it is a sign that they must be replaced.
- Check the condition of the drip holes that the majority of Fenplast products have (mainly windows and sliding doors) to ensure that no insect has made its web or has been lodged there.
- Contact your dealer for all matters relating to the maintenance of Fenplast products you recently purchased.
Share this post :