RénoVert tax credit for windows and doors
The RénoVert program is a refundable tax credit intended for eco-friendly renovation work and is established by the Quebec government on a temporary basis.
RénoVert Tax Credit - End March 31, 2019.
The tax credit is intended for individuals who have a qualified contractor carry out eco-friendly renovation work on their principal place of residence or cottage under a contract entered into after March 31, 2018, and before April 1, 2019
The amount of the tax credit corresponds to 20% of the portion of an individual's eligible expenses that exceeds $2,500
, up to a maximum tax credit of $10,000 per eligible dwelling, paid by an individual before January 1, 2020
, to have eco-friendly renovation work carried out.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Which expenses are eligible?
Does the installation of doors and windows is one of the recognized eco-friendly renovation work?
- The cost of the permits necessary to execute the work, including the cost of studies done to obtain such permits.
- The cost of movable property, acquired from the contractor or from a merchant with a registration number assigned under the Act respecting the Québec sales tax, that enters into the execution of the work (including the GST and the QST related thereto).
- The cost of services supplied by the contractor to carry out the work (including the GST and the QST related thereto).
What kind of dwelling is eligible?
- Yes, replacement or addition of doors, windows and skylights with ENERGY STAR® qualified models for the climate zone where the dwelling is located, are part of the work recognized.
- A dwelling located in Québec, whose construction was completed before January 1, 2016 and of which the individual is the owner (or co-owner).
- A principal place of residence, either a house (detached, semi-detached or row), a pre-fabricated house or a mobile home permanently secured in place, an apartment in a divided co-ownership immovable (condominium) or a unit in a residential multiple-dwelling immovable.
- A cottage habitable year round that is normally occupied by the individual.
This tax credit is managed by :
Here are the useful links and references:
Revenu Québec - Link to the website: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/
Revenu Québec - Link to telephone references by region: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/nous_joindre/citoyens/
Budget publication "Additional Information 2016-2017" providing a detailed description of the RénoVert tax credit (p.11 to 21): http://www.budget.finances.gouv.qc.ca/budget/2016-2017/en/documents/AdditionalInfo.pdf
For individuals and individuals in business
- Quebec area : 418 659-6299
- Montreal area: 514 864-6299
- Elsewhere in Canada / United States: 1 800 267-6299 (toll-free)